If you're not just looking for a job, but a career, Dominion wants to talk with you. You can learn and grow here. In fact, most of our managers and vice presidents started in the warehouse or at the sales counter. We'll invest in the time and training to help you succeed, whether you're looking to move up from a warehouse position or translate your electrical knowledge to a sales job. You provide the motivation, we'll provide the opportunity.
COUNTER SALES (Several Positions)
We are currently hiring several counter sales staff for our Alexandria and Chantilly, Virginia, and Laurel, Maryland locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sell distributor products and services
- Determine and disseminate customer price and availability information
- Recognize when special pricing is required and provide competitive quotations
- Understand product applications and assist customers in their selections
- Participate in offered training sessions
- Expedite customer orders through the purchasing department
- Interact with the outside sales, the sales manager, purchasing and marketing for exchanging customer required information
- Provide market pricing level feedback to the management and purchasing department
- Stay up-to-date and informed on products and their applications
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings to discuss problems, management programs and incentive goals versus performance
- Cooperate with accounting and warehouse department in the daily sales processing, including picking up orders from the warehouse to the customer(s), as needed
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when communicating with customers, sales representatives, and company personnel
- Keep all counter displays current and neat; maintain a clean counter area
- Understand and abide by company policies and procedures
- Other special projects assigned by the appointed department manager, director and/or VP
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills to sell
- Good knowledge on electrical goods and products
Dominion is always searching for bright and talented people. If you're interested in this or any other position, please contact HR Manager Megha Singh at email@example.com. Dominion is an equal opportunity employer.