Dear Customers and Friends,
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and well. It’s been a challenging couple of months as the COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all.
As Maryland and Virginia enter Phase One of their recovery plans, effective Monday, June 8, our facilities will be open for walk-ins and will-call pickups, as well as continuing curbside service. Our 11 counter locations are open from 6 am. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our three Dominion Lighting showrooms are open, by appointment only. Appointment-only hours for Arlington and Chantilly are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointment-only hours for the Laurel showroom are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Not surprisingly, things will look a little different as we continue working diligently to preserve the health and safety of our employees, customers, vendors, and guests.
Still Open, Still Working For You
As an essential business, we have remained open throughout the pandemic. Since March 23, these and other CDC-recommended practices have been in place and will continue for the foreseeable future.
- We have consistently offered delivery and curbside pick-up and will continue to do so.
- Counter hours were limited to 6 a.m.–3 p.m., Monday–Friday; these hours will remain in place.
- Only those whose jobs required them to be on-site have remained; on-site staff will remain limited.
- All business travel has been suspended.
- All locations have been closed to outside visitors, including vendors, events, and trainings.
- Sick employees, no matter the reason, have been required to stay home.
- Cleaning and disinfecting have been frequent and thorough.
- Social distancing and face masks have been required.
These practices will continue in addition to those outlined below. Here’s what else is changing.
Open Showrooms, By Appointment Only
Our Dominion Lighting showrooms in Arlington, Chantilly, and Laurel will be open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (Note: Laurel’s Saturday hours are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.) Showroom visits are by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling 703-536-4400 or by clicking here: https://www.dominionlighting.com/contact-us
Safe Practices, Open Minds
To help us ensure everyone’s safety, we respectfully require that you follow these guidelines.
- Wear a mask. We’ll have some available, but you’re encouraged to bring your own.
- Don’t enter the building if you have a cough or fever, even if you’re wearing a mask.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Sanitize or wash your hands before entering the building and avoid touching your face. Sanitizer will be available at the entrances.
Open Arms, Just 6 Feet Away
When you visit, you’ll notice a difference. You’ll see signs, sanitizer dispensers, tables near the counters, and footprints on the floors. It will be a little strange, but it’s only temporary.
We’ll want to shake hands, fist bump, and maybe even hug. We can’t; but please know that we’re excited to welcome you back with appropriately distanced open arms!
Stephen Krooth, CEO