We continue to welcome customers into our counters and will-call locations, as well as offering curbside service and delivery. Our 11 counter locations (except Essex, MD which closes at 2 p.m.) throughout the DMV will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Check our locations page for more information.
Our three Dominion Lighting showrooms are all open, by appointment only. Appointment-only hours for Arlington and Chantilly are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointment-only hours for the Laurel showroom are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Saturday.
As much as we all want to return to normal, our first priority is preserving the health and safety of our customers and staff by maintaining our vigilance to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We know you have a lot of concerns and questions, and we will attempt to address below. If you still have questions after reading this information, please submit them on our click our Contact Page and we will respond to you personally or update this page.
“Are your counters open?”
As an essential business, Dominion Electric Supply has operated continuously, while diligently working to preserve the health and safety of our customers, employees, vendors, and guests with these measures since March 23:
- Counter hours have been limited to 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Most office staff have been working from home.
- All business travel has been suspended.
- All in-person visits, events, and training have been suspended.
- Sick employees have been required to stay home.
- Cleaning has been frequent and thorough.
- These and other CDC-recommended practices will continue for the foreseeable future.
“Can I come in to your counters?”
Our counters are open for walk-ins and to pick up will-call orders from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. To ensure a safe environment, we are taking the following precautions:
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- In addition to our more frequent cleaning and maintenance schedule, staff have been provided with cleaning materials and asked to pay extra attention to high-touch surfaces.
For your protection and ours, we require that you follow these guidelines:
- Wear a mask. We’ll have some available, but you’re encouraged to bring your own.
- Do not enter our buildings if you have a fever or cough, are experiencing shortness of breath, or if you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Upon entering the building, please use your own hand sanitizer, or the hand sanitizer provided near the entrance.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and others not part of your household.
Finally, understand that everyone feels differently about this global health threat. Out of respect for others, unless medically unfeasible, please adhere to these guidelines.
“What about the Dominion Lighting showrooms?”
Our showrooms will open by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. (Our Laurel Showroom is closed on Saturday) This is to ensure a great experience and provide for sufficient distance between visitors, cleaning and sterilization of surfaces, and workspaces with ample space and air circulation.
If you’re uncomfortable with visiting our showrooms, you can call, email, and even Facetime one of our lighting consultants. To arrange an appointment, call 703-536-4400 or clicking here: https://www.dominionlighting.com/contact-us
“How can I place orders?”
You have several options for placing orders:
1. Of course, you’re welcome to visit our counters, but there will be a limit to the number of people who can be in the building for each location.
2. You can call in your order ahead of time to any branch location or your dedicated salesperson if you have one, and have your order ready for pickup when you arrive.
3. You can order online at dominionelecric.com. Please contact your salesperson to set up an account or Virtual Branch Manager Jim Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. You can use our app which you can download from Google Play or the App Store. Just search “Dominion Electric Supply.” To arrange access, you’ll need to set up an account with Dominion Electric Supply through your salesperson or Virtual Branch Manager Jim Swain at 703-814-4196 or email@example.com.
5. If you’re ordering lighting, you can schedule an appointment with one of our lighting designers through our Dominion Lighting website at https://www.dominionlighting.com/contact-us
“Can I still use curbside pickup if I’m not comfortable coming in to the counter?”
Of course! If you’re at all uncomfortable visiting our counter, we encourage you to call ahead, or even when you arrive, if you don’t mind waiting 5 to 10 minutes for your order to be assembled. The phone numbers for each location will be posted on banners in each location’s window.
Simply call the location you’re planning to visit and a staff member will be happy to bring your order to you. Our counters are available for pickup and will-call from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Dominion Lighting showroom customers can also arrange for curbside pickup during our counter hours. Please make arrangements with your Dominion Lighting professional.
“Are you still delivering orders?”
Yes, we have continued to deliver orders throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, taking precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control to ensure the safety of our drivers and their customers. Specifically:
- Our drivers are required to wear masks when dealing with customers.
- All vehicles are equipped with sanitizer.
- Whenever possible, our drivers are practicing social distancing.
- Drivers who show any symptoms of sickness such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath are asked to stay home.
“How long will these safety measures remain in effect?”
The short answer is, as long as prudent and necessary. The long answer is a little more complicated. Some experts predict a resurgence or second peak of COVID-19 illnesses in the Fall. A vaccine is being developed, but it will be anywhere from 6 to 18 months before it is widely available to the public. We will err on the side of caution and are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone who enters our facilities.